Monday 30 January 2012

A Surprised Seedling - Pumpkin

Having a flower garden and a vegetable farm next to my house has always been a dream I pursue.  I now stay in an apartment with no land space to grow any plants but this lack of soil area has not stopped me from growing herbs and flowering plants in pots.

I usually prepare pumpkin dish quarterly.  Would have loved to eat the sweet orange fruit more often if my Hubby fancy it more.  Recently I bought a japanese pumpkin from the supermarket.  Japanese pumpkin is lighter in colour than the local ones.  In fact, it is more golden in colour.  Every time when I prepare the pumpkin for cooking, I always find it a waste to discard the seeds and wish then I have a veg farm to grow them in.  I did this time round.  The seeds were washed and placed in a pot.  I was not expecting any seedlings since I didn't prepare the soil for its growth.  A week on and I was pleasantly surprised to see a seedling in the pot.



Although I am not hopeful that it will eventually grow and fruit since I have no soil land for it to creep around, I am just as thankful to see life taking place in this seedling.  It has brought so much joy to me just seeing it growing now. Will enjoy the moment. 




No comments: