Saturday 11 February 2012

Pork Trotters Bee Hoon

My first taste of the fried bee hoon with pork trotters was at a pot-luck party.  Love it and I gather it would make a delightful weekend meal for the family.

Based on Sweetpea's recipe, I cooked this delicious fried bee hoon with pork trotters for the family as a Sunday lunch.  I briased the pork trotters in light & dark soy sauce with some garlic, cinnamon, star anise and sugar over mid-level heat for 3 hours.  Cool them and shred the pork trotters.  If this is all too much work, it can be substituted by the ready canned pork trotters or pork ribs.  Fried the bee hoon with cabbage and carrot, then add in the braised pork trotters.  Walla!  Savour the yummy Pork Trotters Bee Hoon :) and it goes very well with sambal belachan.

1 comment:

Open Kitchen Concept said...

Looks good! My brother in law likes to cook bee hoon with pork trotters too! Except he uses the canned type :p